Hello everybody, Bertie here, taking you further on our journey from A to Z. I thought that sounded a bit posh, and I hope you agree.
Today I’ve thought of two things: rescue pigs and Roscoe. Mummy persuaded me that interviewing him was a good idea after I did one for Neville. I don’t really know why, because you know what he thinks about things anyway. But first the exciting news.
We are fostering some guinea pigs from East Anglian Guinea Pig Rescue. Auntie Sophie has rescued sixty baby pigs from a breeder who’s given up. You can find out more at their Facebook Page.
Most of us here have been rescue pigs.
- Fred & George came from the first Norwich GP Rescue.
- Hugo & Victor came from Auntie Vikkie at the Norfolk one
- Humphrey & Hector came from Auntie Sophie when it was still the Norfolk one.
- Kevin and Colman were rescued but not from a rescue. They’d been rescued by Auntie Pigpog and then she had to rehome them, so they were sort of double-rescued.
- Dylan & Dougall would have gone to Auntie Vikki to be rescued but Mummy took them straight away, so they were sort of pre-rescued.
- Percy was turned into a Rescue and shown in the Pets at Home Adoption Centre, so he counts, Mummy says.
- Roscoe & Neville came from the NorthEast Guinea Pig rescue, which they’ve talked about before.
Biggles and I weren’t rescued. We were rehomed as babies from Auntie Sophie’s lovely piggies. She sort of rescued them, though, but to be with her as forever pigs. And Oscar and Midge were Auntie Vikki’s special rex pigs and they needed a new home, but weren’t rescued.
It sounds complicated to me.
Anyway, Mummy says codenames Ice, Fire and Eclipse are staying for about six weeks. Ice is white, an Aby with pink eyes, and he’s the youngest. Fire is the ginger and white one, who’s very laid back and friendly, and probably the oldest. Eclipse is a bit scatty, but likes being cuddled, and sometimes stops and stares at Mummy when she’s watching them. Sounds like he’s got Mummy taped.
First of all, who are your companions and what are their favourite things?
My companion is Neville. He’s a nice chap. We get on just fine mostly. His favourite thing is sleeping, closely followed by grass, pellets, and then cucumber.
Nev loves comfy things, like the tunnel or the hay box
Why did Mummy decide to get you?
I think she saw Neville and he reminded her of Dylan. Then she saw me and fell in love with me.
Where were you before you came here?
Up north in a place near Newcastle.
What’s your favourite thing Mummy does?
Gives me nice nibbles, especially cucumber and special hay. Grass time’s good, too
What are your favourite memories of your companions
I don’t remember any companions other than Nev till we met you.
Tell us a secret that we promise not share with anyone except readers of the blog
I’m not telling you any secrets, you won’t keep them..
Well, thanks a lot for that, Roscoe. I expect everybody learned a lot about you.
He wasn’t very helpful, was he? Huh. Well, anyway, I hope you all enjoyed my post for R today. Till next time