Hello and welcome to George’s Guinea Pig World. I’m Percy, and I run this place with Kevin. George set it up in 2009, which is before I was born. I moved into a new cage with Midge on Thursday, and left Bertie and Biggles in the next door cage. I miss them. Midge used to live next to Kevin, but Oscar moved in there instead It’s all very new and confusing..
Our A to Z theme is “Our Favourite Things”
All I can say is: Snuggle sacks are the best things that have ever been invented!
Mummy discovered a long time ago that we like snuggle sacks. She likes knowing that we always have somewhere warm and cosy to go if it turns cold in the night. Although we like spending lots of time in them when it’s warm in the day, too.
We have a number of snuggle sacks, each with a history:
- the blue and gold one which I’ve never seen, which belonged to Fred and George
- the zebra striped one known as the camouflage sack for black and white (or just black) piggies. It was originally Hugo’s, but Humphrey, Hector and now I have all had it and loved it. It’s really soft and cosy.
- the purple and grey one, which has been retired (but kept for emergencies), and the purple and pink one which Kevin thought he’d lost but Mummy gave him back in February. He posted about that (it’s a bit of a rant, but he’s happy now). Both of these were originally got for Hector and Humphrey, to go in the grey cage.
- The green and purple one. I’ve never seen this, but apparently it’s a small one which goes with the old green and purple tunnel in Oscar’s cage. It’s too small for most of us. I think Mummy hunted for it when Bertie and Biggles arrived and couldn’t find it, so maybe she threw it out.
- The stripey one which goes with the tunnels for the upstairs run. Midge had it before the big reshuffle on Thursday, and Mummy gave it to Bertie and Biggles for the time beingat the moment.
- The blue patchy one which Kevin has. That’s pretty new and it matches my bed and Midge’s tunnel. We got these for Christmas in 2015. They’re lovely.
See if you can spot each of them in the pictures below!
How come Kevin gets in so many pictures?
This is my last post of the A to Z Challenge this year, unless I do the last one, Z as well. Kevin will be back on Monday to take you through to the end. I’ll be back on the 1st May when normal service will be resumed!